joey's weekly tangle challenge #172

 
Monday Morning Tangle Challenges:  
I hope that you find my tangle challenges fresh, stimulating and fun! Use the Link Up at the bottom of the post to share your work.

Note:  the link up never closes, so you can come back and link up to any challenge, at any time.
Click here to see all of my past challenges.



* * *
 Welcome guest blogger:
Ilse

That was a surprise to me:
Joey asking if I would like to be one of her guest bloggers this week.
Of course I like to do that!
I always love to participate in her challenges,
Joey is a star in making us create beautiful pieces of zentangle art.

A star… that’s right.
So, wouldn’t it be nice to make starry tiles this week?

The string I drew is actually the very first beginning of Auraknot,
a tangle that always pleasantly surprises me once finished.

So, you can either finish this start and create a lovely Auraknot
OR you can use the string to create a tile
with your own idea of stars in mind.

Here you can see how to draw Auraknot.

I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Greetings from Ilse – Zentangle Zoo


 
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Ilse, thanks for stepping in for Joey this week! Can't imagine how awful I would have felt if there was no Joey challenge this Monday...I so look forward to Mondays now. Love the challenge you chose for us, so thank you again.

    JoyceB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joey for having guest hosts I hope you enjoyed your Canada Day weekend and can just Zen out doing Ilse's Challenge. Ilse I remember my first several tries at doing an Auraknot, they just never seemed to look like the example! I don't use it a lot but I do like it now. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of guest hosts. It brings a suspense into the game not only for what will be the challenge, but who will put it up. Thanks, Joey.
    Ilse, your star string is certainly a great idea to put up this week. Au-rak-NOT so great for me. Same as Trudi, I tried it before, just when I came out, and couldn't get it to please my eyes. So I will go back to my drawing board and practice, practice, practice...please cross your fingers that it will work out this time. Till after my practice sessions...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful idea of guestchallenges. I feel better and like to join now and than. Thank you Ilse for this original challenge. I didn't choose Auraknot but I'm fond of Apacore and together with Starfruit it is also O.K., isn't it?
    I'm not on facebook and can't give feedback by that way. So Trudy I just want to give you a compliment for your beautiful drawn Auraknot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry - :-(((
    "Flickr" is not working properly, so I can not link my tile above.
    That's it:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/u-f-bfnd/34923500903/in/dateposted-public/

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading your thoughts and ideas about the posts that I write here. It's nice to just say hi too!
~ joey ~